Sr. Electrical Designer
// Brief Company Description
The Mechatronics department of Philips Innovation Services (PInS) that is responsible for specification, design and realization of high-end mechatronic solutions. In this department is the group EIectricaI Systems & Motion Control SW responsible for the electrical and software control of these equipment and products.
// Department / Project / Job responsibilities
- As an electrical designer, you will work in a multi-disciplinary project team of highly skilled technical experts from both Philips Innovation Services and our customers.
- Define and align on concept level the electrical requirements and specifications for EPD products bringing in input from the relevant stakeholders
- Define, communicate and evolve a shared technological and architectural view of the electrical design.
- Validate technology assumptions, evaluate alternatives, and define higher-level functional and non-functional requirements of the electrical design.
- Provide electrical design, alignment with technology and business roadmaps and strategies, and technical leadership for the electrical team.
- In a later stage heIp define the project for building the chosen electrical design
- Initiate and supervise the implementation and usage of the electrical design
- Gather, define, write and document the electrical requirements specifications, usually based upon higher level system requirements & the system design specification.
// Your Skills
- MSc. in Electrical engineering
- Experience of 5-10 years within R&D High Tech environment (at Ieast 3 years as Sr. Electrical Designer)
- High understanding of Mechatronic systems
- Knowledge on medical product and device development (cabling, connectors, sensors, actuators, EMC aspects)
- Able to abstract from existing situation and roadmaps on conceptual level, but also able to translate conceptual level back to actionable/practical design
- Good communication skills to interact with the other disciplines within the team and even more important with multiple business partners on technical and business level.
- Eager to team-up, not afraid to learn new things
- Academic thinking IeveI
- Communicative, creative and agile team-player
- Able to make a work break down and a planning for the foreseen activities
- You have interest in the domains medical equipment, industrial automation and mechatronics
// Additional information
- Ongoing contracting position
- Challenging salary, based upon experience and qualification