Software Test Engineer
Software Test Engineer
What will your tasks be at ABB Spirit IT?
You will be part of one of the agile software development teams in the R&D department, in which you’ll mainly be working on our flow computer software (C++ on a Windows Embedded platform), its configuration package (.Net) and our SCADA/HMI server software.
Together with your team, you will ensure high quality delivery of releases from the design stage up to a satisfied customer. You are responsible for improving and extending the coverage of our suite of (automated) unit, functional and integration tests. Being part of the development team, you will participate in e.g. daily stand-up meetings, perform (manual and automated) tests, help triage bug reports and have regular contact with key users of our software.
Further, you have the capabilities and experience in bringing testing to the next level.
• You have a relevant Bachelor or Master degree in e.g. Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, ICT with at least 5 years of experience in embedded software testing
• You have a passion for creating high quality software
• You are skilled in scripting languages (such as Bash), continuous integration software (such as Jenkins, Azure DevOps) and version control (Git)
• You are experienced in test automation
• You know how to setup and monitor Duration tests
• You have knowledge of Migration, Robustness testing on firmware update/change.
• You are familiar with test frameworks for testing UI (real experience with Ranorex is a huge pre)
• Pre: You have experience in Embedded testing and testing of communication protocols (preferably Modbus, HART)
• Pre: ISTQB Advanced level Certification
• Pre: Experience in Excel plugin products
• Pre: Familiar with setting up VM''s
• Pre: knowledge of VBA (for some legacy parts of the software)
Who are we?
ABB is a global technology leader in the field of electro-technical products, robotics, actuators, industrial automation and energy distribution for clients in the energy sector, for the industry and for the transport and infrastructure sectors. With a history of more than 125 years of innovation, ABB is building the future of industrial digitalization. ABB ias the driving force behind energy transition as well as the fourth industrial revolution. The ABB group operates in more than 100 countries with approx. 132,000 employees.
The Industrial Automation division provides customers with products and solutions for instrumentation, automation and optimization of industrial processes. The industries served include Oil and Gas, power, chemicals and pharmaceuticals, pulp and paper, metals and minerals, marine and turbocharging. Key customer benefits include improved asset productivity and energy savings.
ABB Spirit IT provides the global Oil and Gas industry with advanced flow computers and a suite of software solutions for custody transfer. The ABB SpiritIT product portfolio is used by the largest Oil and Gas terminals in the world working on thousands of devices and servers 24 hours a day.
What can ABB offer you?
We offer a diversified job within an international company, which is highly committed to the development of its employees as well as to quality and safety. We will, of course, offer you competitive and appealing working conditions.
Are you interested in this vacancy?
Then don’t hesitate to respond immediately. Register your CV and apply online on our website: https://new.abb.com/benelux/carrieres. The application procedure consists of 2 rounds of interviews.
If you have any questions, please contact Jacqueline Pereboom, corporate recruiter, via 010-4078214 or #removed#