Software Engineer C++, Best
Collaborating with your team on the components for processing large amount of pixel data from digitized tissue glass slides. This includes the encoding/decoding, processing and displaying of images on both back end and front end. These components enable pathologists to review slides for diagnosis and advanced image analytics solutions.
You contribute to these components, which are part of current and next major releases of the company IntelliSite Pathology Solution (PIPS).
The PIPS improves the process in hospitals and research centres with deployed digital pathology. Image analytics solutions based on the SDK facilitate not only computer-aided measurements and characterization, but also advanced algorithms for assisted diagnosis.
- Design and implementation of software (on component or module level)-understand and communicate consequences of your design on the architecture.
- Design software based on design specifications in accordance with the functional specifications.
- Finalize the design specifications and test the designed modules or components, so that the software in question will be reliable, efficient, easy to maintain and user-friendly.
- Perform work in-line with the product development resp. software engineering processes that were agreed in the department.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Higher vocational level (HBO) or university education in software development;
- About 5 years of experience as a software engineer in the industry (product development);
- Flexible and open attitude, good communication skills in English;
- Dedication to testing, code review and other quality-oriented practices;
- Experience with graphics programming (e.g. OpenGL, WebGL, CUDA);
- Affinity with high performance data processing;
- Affinity with HTTP/REST services and web development patterns;
- Experience with working in cross-functional agile teams.