Java Developer (Senior), Veldhoven
As a developer you will specify detailed product software designs, keeping testability, extendibility and maintainability in mind in line with the overall design & architecture. With key challenge to map this knowledge and experience to the benefit of our ASML diagnostics product suite. In particular, you will:
- Write performant, functional, robust, and well tested code;
- Translate detailed business requirements into detailed design specifications and hence into design strategies and patterns;
- Own and maintain detailed design specifications, with focus on continuous improvement derived from lessons learned and customer feedback;
- Follow emerging developments and trends in relevant technical areas, and apply new technologies, standards and methodologies that will have a positive impact on our company''s bottom-line;
- Establish close collaborations with development teams. Balance the interests of the customer, the organization and the people, in creating an extensible design specification, while fulfilling immediate user needs and business goals, paves the way for future developments;
- Identify and mitigate risks with your peers during the development of new products;
- Also, contribute to the maturation of existing designs, lead initiatives aiming at improving code quality, implementing coding standards and ensuring test coverage.
At ASML we believe in professional growth, as to further develop an extremely valuable hard-and soft-skills in the job. We have our own ASML learnings (portal) for attaining Lithography Domain expertise as well as soft-skill development (team effectiveness, cohesion, influencing etc.).
Notably we value you as well in communities outside of ASML. By being recognized in the outside (possibly academic) world through publications and/or keynotes you''ll share and learn the best novelties to employ in your results.
- At least MSc, where a PhD or PDEng in Computer Science or Information Technology is appreciated;
- 8+ years from which at least 3 years as a Full Stack Software Developer in a complex, technically demanding and data savvy industry;
- Novel Software Engineering principles and architectures/containerized deployment (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Puppet, Maven 3)/test & validation frameworks/UML/Object orientation/Java SE 8, EE 7, Wildfly/SAFE & Scrum/Front end technologies (Node 10, Angular 6) - hands-on experience all expected. As well as hands-on experience with Oracle 12;
- Passionate about your new technologies, intrinsically motivated and proactive;
- Has analytical mindset;
- Product, customer and quality-oriented;
- Investigates issues, creative in solving problems, not afraid to present your solutions, willingness to take initiative and share his/her ideas;
- Open-minded, communicative and ready to confront technical and architectural challenges and identify and exploit opportunities;
- An innovator and who constantly seeks to build knowledge and (net-)work;
- Exhibit role model behaviour in the team on both technical domain as well as interpersonal aspects, with a keen aptitude towards coaching and mentoring;
- Take ownership, be the backbone of the team, and support peers;
- Customer, product and quality oriented - who strives and finds optimal ways to achieve top results.