General Manager - Legal
Language(s): Only English Required
We''re looking for a candidate to fill this position in an exciting company.
- Inspire a workplace culture consistent with the organisation''s behaviours and values;
- Liaise with government officials, departments or tribunals on matters affecting the company;
- Negotiate, draft and settle major contracts, leases, loan agreements, securities and other commercial arrangements to safeguard company interests;
- Provide advice and counsel to executives on the legal aspects of activities within their assigned areas;
- Effectively manage budget responsibilities within area of responsibility;
- Establish collaborative working relationships across business, Government and with all relevant key external stakeholders;
- Ensure new legislation to be administered by the organisation is understood and embedded from a legal perspective within the organisation
- To be considered for this opportunity you will be a strong people leader with a practical and growth mindset who is looking for an environment and culture of accountability, high performance and delivery. Your strategic capability and experience as a senior leader of a legal function is underpinned by exceptional management capability, ensuring that you lead and deliver against the core requirements and responsibilities of the role.
- You will also bring a demonstrated ability to lead and motivate high performing teams to deliver key business outcomes, whilst working collaboratively with the Executive Leadership Team to unite the organisation behind a shared vison. A strong understanding and background in Mergers and Acquisitions as well as competition law will be essential as the business enters into a new growth phase