Expert Risk Assessment (Eco)Toxicology
We are a commercial contract and research organisation (CRO) active in the Food, Feed, Pharma and Chemistry sectors. With over 100 colleagues, we help customers to guarantee the integrity and safety of their products and services. We focus in particular on analyzing and predicting the behavior of substances and their influence on human, animal and environmental health.
You will join a professional, informal organization with an open culture, where people are strongly committed to taking initiative and personal responsibility. The customer focus combined with an extensive analysis portfolio and knowledge of relevant laws and regulations ensure a unique positioning in the market.
To strengthen the "Registration services and risk assessment" department, we are looking for an enthusiastic colleague for assessing safety of chemicals based on the requirements defined in different regulatory frameworks, like REACH and BPR. The department offers the chemicals industry all the expertise needed to ensure the safety of industrial chemicals and biocides for humans and the environment.
* Advise customers on registration strategy for their chemicals and biocides
* Literature search and processing of (experimental) data
* Compile (parts of) registration dossiers in scope of REACH and BPR
* Hazard assessment (Classification and Labelling, PNEC derivation, PBT assessment, DNEL derivation), with regard to human toxicology and/or eco-toxicology
* Explore and evaluate opportunities for read-across
* Compile expert statements
* Perform exposure and risk assessments by using appropriate methods and tools, such as CHESAR, ECETOC TRA, EUSES, Focus-Pearl, and subsequent description of Exposure Scenarios
* Report results to colleagues and customers
* Keep track of relevant developments in REACH & Biocides regulations
* Build on customer relationships and write project proposals together with project managers