Events And Communications Coordinator
The Master Plumbers'' Association of Queensland (MPAQ) is the peak industry body representing plumbing contractors throughout Queensland, from sole operators to medium sized plumbing businesses and large contracting firms. The Association runs a vast suite of events for both members and non-members, providing unique opportunities to connect industry individuals and assist in the development of the industry.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Working as an integral member of the events team, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
· Assisting with any and all events end-to-end, ranging from exhibitions, seminars, forums, conferences, promotional events, information sessions, dinners, breakfasts and awards ceremonies
· Propose new ideas to improve the planning of events and their results.
· Liaise with members, non-members, sponsors, suppliers and other stakeholders to build contacts and close working relationships
· Assist in the development and implementation of marketing, promotional and publicity material for the events to achieve agreed budgets and targets
· Process event registrations, tickets and payments for all events.
· Help coordinate and distribute communications to stakeholders.
· General events and office administration, including assistance with phone calls.
· Assist members and members of the public with general enquiries.
· Such other duties as required to meet operational needs.
You will possess the following skills and attributes:
· A minimum of two (2) years'' experience in a similar role
· Well organised, with great attention to detail and the proven ability to meet deadlines.
· Ability to use initiative and work as a team.
· Creative flair, a can-do attitude and great organisational skills.
· Strong customer service focus and excellent communication skills at all levels.
· High level of accountability and responsibility.
· High level of knowledge of Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
· Reliable, punctual and with a flexible approach.
· Indesign or graphic design experience highly desirable.
· Experience in a trades event environment is highly desirable
WHAT MPAQ CAN PROVIDE YOU:
· A permanent full time career opportunity, commencing immediately
· A great working environment
· A great team of people to work with
· A varied and challenging role
· Free parking
· Competitive salary commensurate with experience
HOW TO APPLY:
If this sounds like the career move for you, please apply TODAY to the Events and Member Services Manager via the Apply Now button on this advertisement. (NOTE: Please be advised that MPAQ does not utilise the services of recruitment agents unless by invitation. Recruiters – please do not make unsolicited contact with MPAQ regarding this, or other roles, within our organisation.)