AFS Group B.V. is an independent European multi-asset class broker, primarily operating as an intermediary for Financial Institutions, Corporate Clients and (semi) Government bodies.
With offices in Amsterdam, London, Zurich and Frankfurt, AFS offers a range of Fixed Income, Interest Rates, Energy / Environmental, Exotics, Equity and Equity derivatives products. AFS also offers a variety of market information and data services. AFS is a fast growing company and has over a 100 employees.
AFS is situated on the old trading floor of the historical Amsterdam Stock Exchange, located in the heart of Amsterdam. Here you will be entering an international and professional working environment with a strong focus on both professional and personal development.
AFS Group is looking for a proactive and hands on Controller. The Finance department consists of 4 people in total. You will report to the CFO and work closely with the accounts receivable team members and the accounts payable team members. This team is responsible for the whole administration within AFS Group.
Your new function
You will work close to the business. Your main tasks are:
- Monitoring deadlines;
- Provide management reports and KPI dashboard;
- Financial Statement and coordinating accounting activities;
- Reporting to regulatory authorities (AFM, DNB, FCA, Bafin, NFA);
- VAT declaration and corporate tax declaration;
- Administration of the relatively new sector AFS Energy.
Who should be our new colleague?
- Master degree;
- At least 5 years relevant working experience;
- Affinity with the financial industry;
- Knowledge of Dutch GAAP;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Ability to work accurately, take initiative and solve problems effectively;
- Ability to work independently and as an assertive team player;
- Affinity with BI-tooling;
- Experience in working with Exact and Excel is a pre.
Why should you apply?
AFS gives you the opportunity to be part of a young, growing and ambitious team within a strongly developing and dynamic market.
- One of the most interesting work environments in Amsterdam, the old trading floor of the historical Amsterdam Stock Exchange;
- Competitive renumeration and training possibilities;
- 27 vacation days per calendar year;
- NS Business card (depending on your residence);
- Free inhouse fitness;
- A versatile full-time position in a fast growing and professional organization;
- A variety of activities with the team.
If you are interested, please send your resume and a brief note on why you should be the new addition to our team.