Community Support Worker
Heartbeat provides daily ongoing care and support to people with a range of care needs. We support all age groups, with standard and complex care needs living in our community, in their own homes, supported living units and some aged care facilities.
Our head office is based in Parramatta, NSW 2150. Casual ongoing work is available in Inner Western Sydney, South Western Sydney, Western Sydney, the Upper Blue Mountains, Hawkesbury and The Hills District.
So get excited and be quick, or you may miss out on this great opportunity to join our organisation.Job tasks and responsibilities
Heartbeat Community Support Workers are well respected for providing best practice supports within the community. You will support the client’s daily activities and facilitate their development and enhancement of independent living and social skills. The role varies from day to day and with person to person.
Heartbeat makes every attempt to ensure that the physical demands of the work are minimised by the use of safe design, manual handling equipment and safe work procedures. However, the position can be physically demanding and may involve long periods of standing/walking. The position also requires an adequate level of physical capacity and an ability to respond to emergencies.
You will provide support in line with Heartbeat Agency Policy and Procedures, organisational values, Home Care Standards and the Disability and Aged Care Standards to ensure quality service outcomes.
What are we looking for?
- Certificate 111 or IV in Disability, Individual Support or Aged Care
- Experience in a similar role
- Current NSW Drivers Licence with registered and reliable vehicle
- A clear understanding of spoken and written English
- Have a mobile phone with data and credit at all times
- Be fit for work
- Have a passion for caring and giving back to the community
- A second language - a large number of clients are currently requesting Tagalog, Filipino, Hindi & Arabic speaking workers
- Comprehensive Car Insurance
- Availability at least three days per week
Closing Date : 26th OctoberIf you have any inquiries about the role or need assistance with the application process, contact Recruitment on 9891 2255 (ext 4). Please note that this position may be subject to mandatory pre-employment checks.